Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Craftstravaganza 2013!





The big event is this Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the State Fairgrounds Progress Center. You won't be able to miss me, because I'll be right inside the FRONT DOOR!


Wow, and yikes! I figure I'd better step up my game. So I've been brainstorming display options and making lots and lots of stuff to sell. No photos this time, you'll just have to come and check it out! Besides the signature raincoats & hats, I've got purses and bibs ($10 and under!), aprons, dresses and skirts. I keep thinking I have enough and then I look at a piece of unused fabric and think "I could whip out a (dress, apron, bib)."

I don't want to be worried about running out of inventory, as I almost did at No Coast last December. Can I just say, that was my most successful sale ever! I sold a few things before it even officially started, and I was pretty much constantly busy. As I did last year, I came home Friday night and whipped out a bunch more items for Saturday, and it was a good thing I did! Some highlights: I sold my first ever boy's coat (one of my dinosaur models), and one woman came back to my booth after looking around and said she hadn't found any dresses she liked as much as one I had (it's one of my favorites, too -- made of sweatshirt fleece and zebra print fabric), so she bought it. I also sold a dress to a little girl whose mom was one of the other vendors. She put it on over her poufy skirt and it looked so cute, like it had a petticoat underneath! She wandered around the Midtown Global Market (free advertising!) and made me a cute drawing as a thank-you.

So I got a little spoiled at that show and I hope I can keep up the momentum on Saturday. I have a soft spot for Craftstravaganza because two years ago it was my first show, the first time I was "validated" as a member of the craft community. I've been really fortunate to be included again in 2012 and this year, plus the fabulous inaugural Craft'za in November at the Soap Factory, which was a great event I hope will happen again this year.

So thanks for stopping by the blog, and consider stopping by Craftstravaganza! If children's clothes aren't your thing, there are about 90 other really super-talented vendors selling all manner of stuff!









No comments:

Post a Comment