Sunday, December 4, 2011

The lowdown on No Coast

Well the No Coast Craft-o-Rama has come and gone... exhausting and fun! I would say I did okay. Not stellar, but I feel satisfied. If I had a dollar for every time someone uttered a variation of "Oh, how adorable/cute/sweet/precious!" I'd be ri-- well, I'd have a couple hundred dollars.

Actual raincoat sales were a lot rarer. The two days went like this: A raincoat sale early (Friday within the first hour, Saturday within the first 15 MINUTES), then it was all purses. Six purse sales each day. All I can say is, I'm glad I decided to make them! After selling six out of my inventory of 10 on Friday, I made three more Friday night -- was sewing until almost midnight.

At least 70 people took my business card, and some took photos of the coats (I'm assuming to show them to someone, not to copy!). I had a lot of good conversations. All in all it was a really fun experience. It was great to see lots of folks I know! I hope I get a chance to do it again next year.

Here was my setup:


I hung the purses on a little mini Christmas tree (on the table to the left). A little brainstorm I had last week when I was trying to figure out how to display them (course that only works at this time of year).

And here was one of the coats I sold:


Really cute little two-year-old girl. She wore the coat all around the building afterward -- I kept seeing her! She tried on the hat, but her mom decided to buy a purse instead. I think it was a red purse with white polka dots -- I'd have to check my notes. (You can see a few of the purses on the little tree, at right). This was the first turquoise coat I've sold... the others have all been brown, pink, or brown and pink.

Coming home in the sloppy snow wasn't so much fun -- a screw fell out on my rack and I had the darndest time wrangling it up through the parking ramp to my car. The tablecloth fell off the rack (I'd thrown it over the coats) and got trampled. Then I drove up onto a sidewalk coming around a curve right near my house. Fun times!

Well, Tuesday is the Senior Expo and Wellness Fair at The Waters Senior Living in south Minneapolis. As always, I have no idea what to expect. It's only costing me $10, though, and they're advertising hand massages! Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment